Creating an Event Tag
You may wish to use Events to track conversions, installs, or other key activities.
We recommend to use AIDEM Stream to measure events.
- Click “+New” button > Events
- Complete the Event form:
- Event Name: Name of your conversion event
- Advertiser: Advertiser the conversion event belongs to
- Event Type (optional): Select the even type that applies: Purchase, Landing Page, Sign-up, Lead, Other. You can also leave this blank
- Segment (optional): If you select a segment, users who convert with this event will be automatically added to that segment
- Value: This is the default value (in U.S. dollars) that a conversion event is worth to you. The value placed into this field will only be used by Report Builder reporting if a value is NOT present in the event tag. It is a mandatory field but the value can be 0. The value will only appear in Conversion Logs if it is populated in the tag.
- Click Window: The lookback window (in days) for click conversion attribution. 30 days is the default.
- View Window: The lookback window (in days) for view conversion attribution. 30 days is the default.
- Alternative ID (optional): Any number or string. Used to map this object in AIDEM to an object in your system.
- Attribution: Select the type of attribution you would like this Event to use. If this event will be a postback event, leave this field as is as this field is not applicable to using the postback method. The two possible dropdown values are:
“All Line Items for this Advertiser are eligible for this Event”
- Conversions from this Event will be attributable to activity from all line items beneath this Advertiser.
- This is the default attribution functionality.
“Only selected Campaigns and Line Items for this Advertiser are eligible for this Event”
- You will be able to specify which Line Items or Campaigns are eligible for this conversion event.
- Users can choose (via the “Events” tab) which Campaigns and Line Items are eligible for which events. In order to do this, the “Custom Event Association” toggle must be set to “Yes”.
- Note: This option cannot be changed once it has been chosen and saved for an event.
- Under the “Tag Type” section on the right side, select the tag type you want to generate:
- Generic image tag (recommended for web)
- Image tag using Alternative ID to add users into segments
- Generic URL for mobile app install Postback
- Click “Save & Generate Tag”
- Copy and paste the generated tag
- (optional)[VALUE] should be populated with a number if you want to set the value of conversion in real-time. For example, if the value is set to “30," the conversion will be aggregated with a value of 30. If omitted, the tag value set when the event was created in Buzz will be used in the Report Builder reporting but it will not appear in Conversion Logs.
- (optional)[ORDER] should be replaced with a number if you want the number of items purchased as part of the conversion.
- (required) [ORD] should be replaced with a random number generated at run time. For example, you should use this entire code block in your implementation:
|Parameter||What it means||What do you need to do|
|tag_id||Unique identifier for the tag in AIDEM DSP, auto-generated||Do not edit|
|buzz_key||Unique instance of AIDEM, auto-generated||Do not edit|
|value||The value assigned to the conversion. For example if the value is set to "30" the conversion will be aggregated with a value of 30. If omitted, the tag value set when the event was created in Buzz will be used.||If you want to set the value in real time when the user converts, you should replace the value with a number.|
|segment_key||The unique id of a segment to put the user into when the user converts. This is generally set when the event is created.||Do not edit|
|order||The number of items purchased as part of the conversion. For example if the value is set to "2" the conversion will be aggregated with a order of 2. If omitted, the tag value set when the event was created in AIDEM DSP will be used.||If you want to set the order in real time when the user converts, you should replace the order with a number.|
|ord||Random number to prevent browser caching of the conversion||Replace the [CACHEBUSTER] string with a random number generated at run time.|
var cachebuster = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000000000), img = new Image(); img.width = 0; img.height = 0; //replace this with the tag you generated from Buzz img.src = 'https://cnv.event.prod.bidr.io/log/cnv?tag_id=12345&buzz_key=stinger&value=[VALUE]&segment_key=12345&order=[ORDER]&ord=' + cachebuster; document.body.appendChild(img); // or wherever the image should be placed